So the $OEM$ technique of copying data from a Deployment Share to a machine being deployed is no more.
As an alternative simply use an XCOPY command in your Task Sequence as per the example below (Use a ‘Run Command Line’ step) for the CMTrace tool:
xcopy.exe "%deployroot%\Custom\CMTrace.exe" "C:\Windows\System32" /Q /H /E /I /Y
- /Q – Does not display file names while copying.
- /H – Copies hidden and system files also.
- /E – Copies directories and subdirectories, including empty ones. Same as /S /E. May be used to modify /T.
- /I – If destination does not exist and copying more than one file, assumes that destination must be a directory.
- /Y – Suppresses prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an existing destination file.